"Love"

"Love"

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day


I decided to surprise Mark with a "Romantic Fondue Dinner" at home instead of going out & waiting in line at some mediocre restaurant with an impatient 2 year old. I definitely made the right decision...the meal was fantastic! I started us out with an appetizer of cheese fondue with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green apples, & an assortment of bread to dip in it. We also decided to enjoy a bottle of wine we brought home from Italy!

The main entree was Filet Mignon with sauteed green, red & orange peppers, zucchini,
& onion. It was pretty delicious!












The best part of the meal was the dessert of course! I made "Flaming Turtle Fondue" & it was wonderful! I have a sweet tooth & the chocolate with the caramel & pecans was perfect! I had an assortment for dipping that included strawberries, pineapple, cheesecake, pound cake, marshmallows, & green apples.
.

We all enjoyed the meal & Landon really got a kick out of using the fondue utensils to poke his food! It was a great night with the two loves of my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment