"Love"

"Love"

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

July Update

We are finally in our new house & have started the unpacking process (which really sucks!). We wanted to be completely unpacked & settled so that we could relax by the pool on the 4th Of July. Plans didn't exactly work out that way, but we did enjoy the 4th poolside.
On July 2nd our friends Jill & Adam & their son Mason came to visit us in Yuma. It had been over a year and a half since I last saw my best friend & I was very excited for their arrival. Not only is Jill my best friend but she is also Landon's Godmother, Mark & I are Mason's Godparents, so we were all looking forward to this little reunion. Even though the house was a complete disaster with all of the boxes everywhere, they didn't mind & we had a great visit. We spent lots of time out by the pool where the boys & the dogs thoroughly enjoyed themselves! We spent the 4th of July together & took the boys to see the firework show that was put on by Cocopah Casino. It was a wonderful visit & Landon & Mason really enjoyed playing together. I have very cute videos of them in the pool doing awesome jumps, running around the house like mad men, & also being best buds & hugging! I was sad to see them leave, but we are now only 3 hours away from each other which is fantastic!

(Giving Goodbye Hugs!)

Once our company left it was time to get back to the house. Unfortunately for Mark I am not able to lift heavy boxes due to being pregnant so he had to do all the manual labor! Slowly but surely we were getting boxes unpacked & the rooms were coming together. On July 6th one of my prayers was answered & our new Tempur-Pedic King Cloud Supreme bed was delivered!!! I have not had a good nights sleep in over 3 months so I was really looking forward to this bed. It is all I hoped it would be & after sleeping on it for only 1 night I was in heaven. Pregnancy sucks when it comes to being comfortable & trying to get a good nights sleep, but this bed is definitely helping!
We met some of the new neighbors & we were even greeted with some yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies & banana nut bread. We are starting to get used to the extreme heat & have been taking full advantage of the pool. Landon & Willow really love the pool too & it is so funny watching them play & jump in together!
We signed Landon up for the CDC on base so that he can go to daycare for a few hours on days that I have doctors appointments. He went for the first time on July 21st & came home so excited! He told me that he Loved "School" & that he was nice & shared his toys with all of his new friends. It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard & the huge smile on his face was priceless. He seriously is the cutest freaking kid in the world & I'm a very lucky Mommy!
On July 22nd I had an Ultrasound & we were able to see our beautiful little Laylah. She is growing right on track & is very healthy with a strong heartbeat. She loves to move all around when the US Tech is trying to get her images & we watched as she was doing flips, rolls, & sucking her thumb.


(25 weeks)

On July 24th we all headed to California for the week. Mark had to go to Camp Pendleton for some training exercise so I decided it was the perfect time to go & visit Jill. We spent the week just hanging out & catching up. We took the boys to the park, went shopping, went out to dinners, & just relaxed. It was a very nice trip & we definitely enjoyed the cooler California weather!
(Best Buds)
(Bubs made himself at home at Auntie Jills!)

July was a more "relaxed" month for us. It was nice putting the house together, visiting friends, & just getting back into a normal routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment