"Love"

"Love"

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

March


It seemed as though March snuck up on me quickly as I was already having to prepare for WTI Again! Mark was going to be gone pretty much all the time starting March 11th so I made sure to sneak in as much family time as possible before then. We made sure to visit some of the wonderful parks Yuma has to offer & also took the kids to see The Lorax in 3D.

Laylah turned 4 Months Old & had her checkup this month...she weighed 15 lbs & was 24 inches long! She is a very healthy lady :-)

Landon also had a big first this month. On March 7th he went to the Dentist for the very first time! My big boy did such an amazing job & was a trooper! He was very excited that the dentist gave him a new "Woody" Toothbrush & some blue sparkly toothpaste to take home.

I also met a wonderful new friend Andrea while I was at the neighborhood park with the kids who happened to be the president of a Mom's Club here in Yuma. After talking with her & letting our kiddos play together, I decided to join the Mom's Club & I'm so happy I did! It has been a great experience meeting so many other wonderful Mom's & meeting more kids Landon's & Laylah's age that they can play with. They plan so many great activities & it seems like there is always something fun to do around here! Andrea is also a photographer & ended up taking some St. Patricks Day photos of the kiddos for me! They turned out great :-)

On March 11th Miss Laylah tried rice cereal for the first time & seemed to enjoy it. It is crazy how fast time is flying by! I can't believe my baby girl is already trying cereal & then it's on to stage 1 baby food...OH MY!

On March 17th the MCAS had it's annual Air Show. The whole family went out to the base to watch some of the festivities. It was nicely put together with vendors, music, great food, & lots of excitement for the kids. Landon LOVED the air show & couldn't stop talking about it for the next week or so!

On March 22nd I completed my 1st AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge & lost 5 inches in my waist, 3 inches off my hips & 11 lbs! With a lot of hard work & eating healthy I can officially say that I have lost all 32 lbs that I gained during Laylah's pregnancy & it feels great!

I definitely kept busy the entire month of March & tried my best to fill the days with as much fun activities outside as possible for the kids. So far we have been to 5 Parks in Yuma...Castle Park, Friendship Park, Smucker Park, Sanguinetti Park & Mesquite School Park (each multiple times). There are still about 10 more parks we haven't been to yet! It is already getting pretty warm during the days out here & I know it won't be too long before it is back into the 100's & I won't want to be outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment